Emily White Photography Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Textures

I have finally learned textures and I love it. I did some samples on just some of my own pictures to learn how. This first sample is the evolution of the shot. I was doing some experimenting with blending modes and came up with something that to Jonathan looked like a similar effect to the bleach bypass effect in film. (I liked it so I did a few more like that.) The next image is the texture I used. Water dancing on the side of the boat. The next shot is the two images combined using that texture. I backed it off on our skin tones but kept the color by using a gaussian blur to blur out any texture that would be too distracting on us.



So then I played with texture on a few more shots. And One of them is me in a swim suit!

See..technically I'm in a swim suit. But that's as racy as it gets.

With these two I just used them as backgrounds. I need to find more shots and different textures that I can apply to the entire image. Anyway it was fun to learn work on this new photoshop trick today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment